Monday 5 October 2015

The Giant Robo Alphabot, part two

Less spiel, more pics, comprendez? I keep giving myself this sage advice, but somehow I keep getting ignored. So today I'm going to make a conscious effort to say very little, and let the pictures do the talking. It's the next two entries in my robot alphabet.


I could have said even less if I'd skipped the intro

For anyone interested in graphic design, all my Robo Alphabot entries are created the same way. I start by finding several existing images of the robot in question, which are then combined and/or manipulated in Photoshop to give the character a new pose. This can be anything from quite subtle, just moving an arm or a leg, to a fairly major overhaul, resulting in a view from a completely different angle. The final, usually unique, raster image is then run through a vectorization process in Adobe Illustrator, and the resultant mess of paths cleaned up in order to adjust the colours. I then write all the text, choose all the fonts and add all the other elements. So at this point everything is vector based. The final stage is adding a photographic texture, usually of paper, on a slight multiply layer. And hey presto, 8 or 9 hours spent on a single image!


No comments:

Post a Comment